- StrokeSmart.org, June 2014 – “Safeguard Your Family with Incapacity Planning“
- Channel 11 WTOC News, November 2013- “Free Will Service For Veterans Offered”
- Brunswick Business Journal, October 2013- “New Spending Bill Allocates Extra $294 Million to Veterans Affairs Department to End Disability Application Backlog”
- Savannah Business Journal– October 2013- “New Spending Bill Allocates Extra $294 Million to Veterans Affairs Department to End Disability Application Backlog”
- Savannah Daily News, September 2013- “Alzheimer’s Walk to Raise Awareness About Disease”
- BusinessInSavannah.com, June 2013- “Estate planning essential for LGBT couples”
- BusinessInSavannah.com, April 2013- “Plan for estate recovery before applying for Medicaid”
- BusinessInSavannah.com– February 2012- “Mama June sets up trust fund for Honey Boo Boo”
- WTOC’s Mid-Morning Live, December 2012- “Veteran’s Aid And Attendance Benefits”
- SavannahNow.com, December 2012- “Future of estate tax uncertain as deadline approaches”
- SavannahNow.com, November 2012- “Free Health Care Directives For Heroes”
- BusinessInSavannah.com, October 2012- “Wyoming Close LLCs can help family owned businesses”
- SavannahNow.com, September 2012- “IRA’s can stretch to provide inheritance for generations”
- WTOC’s Mid Morning Live, July 2012- “Why Living Trusts Work So Well For Estate Planning”
- SavannahNow.com, April 2012- “Attorney named one of America’s ‘techiest lawyers’”
- ABA Journal, March 2012- “America’s Techiest Lawyers”
- SavannahNow.com, December 2011- “Charitable remainder trust serves several purposes”
- Good Morning Show (WJCL ABC 22), March 2009- “Estate Planning”
- SpecialNeeds.com– “Financial Gifts for Children with Special Needs”
- Spirit Newspaper– “Geriatric Care Manager Can Help Children Care for Elderly Parents Long Distance
Interview Michael Smith and Richard Barid
Savannah estate planning and elder law attorneys, Michael Smith and Richard Barid, are available for interviews on the topics of general estate planning, special needs planning, elder law/long-term care planning, guardianship and conservatorship issues, post mortem pet protection, asset protection, estate tax issues and business formation/ protection issues. To contact Richard or Michael directly, please call (912) 352-3999 or email email@example.com.
Richard Barid and Michael Smith are co-founders of Savannah-based Smith Barid LLC, which specializes in elder law, estate planning and special needs planning. They can be reached at 912-352-3999 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Michael H. Smith
Michael H. Smith attended the University of Georgia School of Law, and graduated in 1996 with a Juris Doctor degree. He was selected as one of America’s Techiest Lawyers in the April 2012 edition of the ABA Journal.
Mike is a frequent lecturer on Estate Planning, Elder Law and Special Needs Planning, Veterans Aid and Attendance and Medicaid Planning in an effort to help the community gain awareness of the importance of proper estate planning, Smith Barid regularly holds free workshops focused on this topic.
Richard has lived and worked in the Savannah area for over fifteen years. He was selected as a Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2010 through a peer review process.